We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Low in calories, the strawberry is the fruit of the beautiful days par excellence and takes over citrus to recharge the body vitamin C which she is well provided. It is also rich in minerals, beta-carotene, polyphenols and folates, important for future mothers.
To choose strawberries
- Gariguette or Pajaro (the earliest), selva or Mara des bois, all must be bright, well colored and without green areas, a sign of poor ripening. The most famous are the Plougastel strawberry and the Perigord strawberry, the only one in Europe to benefit from a PGI (protected geographical identification).
- Do not choose your strawberries according to their size or the intensity of their color: rather, trust in their shiny appearance and their green peduncle and collar.
What nutritional virtues?
- Strawberry is one of the least caloric fruits with 35 calories per 100 g. It is rich in vitamin C (70 mg / 100 g) and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium).
- Like all red fruits, it has an antioxidant power because it contains polyphenols, beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Rich in folate and purifying fibers, it is ideal if you are pregnant. The other side of the coin: it can cause hives. In this case, prefer it, cooked or in coulis, two formulas which seem better tolerated.